Press review #7: sleep, remote and verbs
For this version I have a lot of article to talk about:
- This article on how stress and sleep are way more impactful than technology, processes and paradigms. It’s not the first time Hillel shows up in my review, that is because his work on empirical research provide a lot of solid insights
- This article on best practices for remote work. I’ve worked remotely for 3 years, for the best and the worst. You should not underestimate the effort to put in clear communication, self-care and time sharing
- This article on how to implement the equivalent of interface from Java in Haskell. This article provides a good pattern and a right comparison between these very different languages
- This article and conference is insightful at what makes abstractions so powerful. I have to steal this first slide!
- This answer on why we will still need coders in the future. “The languages are easy, it’s the problems that are hard.” is at the core of my values